An advocacy group, “Friends of D&H Caboose 35964,” has been formed to raise the funds necessary to establish a permanent home in Carbondale for the train car, and to serve as an interest group/guardians of this vintage D&H caboose.


An advocacy group, “Friends of D&H Caboose 35964,” has been formed.
On Friday, Dec. 3, a vintage 1925 D&H Railroad caboose arrived in Carbondale, purchased by the Carbondale Historical Society, planned for restoration and permanently display in the Pioneer City.
“Friends” was formed to raise the funds necessary to establish a permanent home in Carbondale for the train car, and to serve as an interest group/guardians of this vintage D&H caboose.
The caboose, for the present, has a secure — but temporary — home in the former Wells Cargo building on Enterprise Drive, site of the former D&H Railroad Yard.
“All persons interested in the preservation of this early 20th Century D&H caboose, now still in mint condition, are invited to become members of this Friends group,” stated Historical Society president Dr. S. Robert Powell.
To become a member, and to help create a bright future for this railcar, send tax-deductible contributions (perhaps in honor of a living person, or in memory of a deceased person) to: Carbondale Historical Society, P. O. Box 151, Carbondale, PA 18407.
All donors will be listed in the official historical logbook of the history of Caboose 35964. Those who donate $100 or more will be presented with a certificate recognizing their contributions on behalf of Caboose 35964.