Thursday’s fatal fire in Forest City has been ruled accidental, caused by a candle, said Forest City Fire Chief Tom Prince.


Thursday’s fatal fire in Forest City has been ruled accidental, caused by a candle, said Forest City Fire Chief Tom Prince.
Bill Feddock, 89, of 723 Delaware Street, was unable to escape the early morning blaze.
Three others in the home, his daughter Patti Konzman, along with her boyfriend Ron Armstrong and adult son Chris Skalanka managed to make it out of the burning building, two of them jumping from an upstairs window.
All three were taken to Marian Community Hospital for smoke inhalation. 
Prince said the aggressive blaze spread to two nearby homes, Bill and Gloria Widzon’s home at 719 Delaware Street as well as 727 Delaware Street, which was unoccupied. The Widzons were able to escape unharmed.
Mr. Feddock’s home was a total loss, while the Widzon’s home sustained considerable damage; the third home, #727 sustained some damage to the left hand side of the structure, Prince said.
A total of 13 fire departments from Susquehanna, Wayne and Lackawanna Counties responded, along with five area ambulance services.