This week’s suggestions include catching “Tron” or “Yogi Bear,” getting ready for Christmas and more.
1. There are three big movies opening this week: “Tron: Legacy,” a PG film starring Jeff Bridges that will appeal to sci-fi fans and kids, “Yogi Bear,” a PG movie version of the popular cartoon, and “Rabbit Hole,” a PG-13 movie starring Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart that will appeal to movie buffs (Kidman is nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance).
2. Christmas is almost here, so take this weekend to get the family in the holiday spirit by going to a concert. You’ll find listings in the paper, or check the Internet.
3. Speaking of Christmas, there’s still time for some last-minute shopping, and many stores will be having big sales this weekend, so check the ads in the paper and hit your favorite places to shop.
4. If you need a non-holiday-related diversion, there are plenty of sports to keep you entertained. NCAA sports are all over the TV, and the NBA and NHL are in full swing. Check the TV guide for times.
5. OK, so this doesn’t happen this weekend, but put it on your to-do list: The day of the winter solstice, Dec. 21, a total lunar eclipse is taking place. It happens in the early-morning hours, so you’ll want to adjust your schedules if you want to see it, but it’s a relatively rare event. Google it for more information on the best way to view it from your area.
GateHouse News Service